Overcoming worry and anxiety starts with trust.
Overcoming worry and anxiety requires a shift of fears.
“What if you looked at your problem as an opportunity for God to work? What if your greatest problem was also going to be greatest miracle?” Lou Engle.
Overcoming worry and anxiety requires an exchange of desire.
Matt 6:5-14. Psalms139:15, Ephesians 3:20, Romans3:26,
The Big three Christian Duties: (the trinityof pursuing righteousness).
A more effective way to pray:
1. Prayer is most effective when birthed in the secret place.
2. Prayer is most effective when we know who we address.
3. Prayer is most effective when we pray with Confidence.
We are most like God when we give.
We are most alert to God’s voice when we pray.
We are most dependent on God when we fast.
Praying-my soul, heart
Yet, Jesus cautious us.., “be careful ”
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard and that leads to life. And those who find it are few.
Acts of Giving
Jesus is not doubting or questioning if we will be giving . It’s one of his commands.
You can give without loving but you can’t love without giving
1. Be careful …
2. When you give…
3.Then you father…
We are choosing whose reward we want.
Earthly deeds done to men see them out reward is here It’s all we are going to get.
Heavenly deeds done so only God sees them. He will then reward us in his own way.
Acts of righteousness done because we love Jesus and we are obeying his commands.
Barnabas real name was Joses but the apostles renamed him Barnabas because of his generosity. He encouraged many people .He also stayed with those people for at least a year to help them. We all as Christians can take a page from from his book. It takes a special person to become an encourager . Everyone in the body in the body of Christ needs this . Some churches lack this very important element. It made me think when I was reading through Acts 11 that I could use improvement in this area. When we encourage someone else we can build there faith.
15.Elisha said. “Get a bow and some arrows,” and he did so .
16. “Take the bow in your hands,” he said to king of Israel. When he had taken it , Elisha put his hands on the kings hands
17. “Open the east window ,” he said, and opened it. “Shoot!” Elisha said, and he shot.” The Lord’s arrow of victory, the arrow of victory over Adam!” Elisha declared. “You will completely destroy the Arameans at Aphek.”
18. Then he said, ” Take the Arrows,” and the king took them. Elisha told him, “Strike the ground.” He struck it times and stopped.
19. The man of God was angry with him ” You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times.
A few weeks ago we had our first corporate prayer meeting and this of scripture was used. I have not been ableto get it off of my mind. Maybe God is trying to teach me something through this portion of scripture. I guess the reason why it has impacted me is because I need to keep shooting those arrows. Sometimes we need to shoot them several times and strike a target . When shoot many times we can destroy the hindrance in our lives. But also this can give us a direction in our prayers. When we have direction in prayer we can be powerful.