Scattered by God
1. Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there. 3. They said to each other,” Come, let us make bricks and bake them throughly. ” They used brick instead of stone, and and tar for mortar.4. Then they said, Come, let us build ourselves a city,with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the whole face of the earth.” 5. But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6. The Lord said , “If as one people speaking the same language they have to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.7. Come let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other. ” 8. So the Lord scattered them from all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9. That is why it was called Babel- because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.
Humanity fears scattering and acts to prevent it.
Humanity desires to make a name for themselves and moves to accomplish it.
The unity and scattering willed by God for creation births something very uncomfortable for every man and woman-need.
Matt 6:33 But seek first first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it own.
Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches the city, the guards stand watch in vain.
1. You need more of the right kind of need .
2. The bigger the need, the bigger the supply.
3.God knows your need before you ask.
4. You need to know what your need is.
5. You need to find a need in your city. And your church.