Return an altar
Gem13:1 So, Abram went up from to the Negev, he went to his wife and all that he had, and Lot with him.
2. Abram was very wealthy in livestock, in silver and in Gold.
3. He continued on his journey from the Negev and came to Bethel, to the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between, Bethel and Ai.
4. To the place where his tent at the beginning, Bethel and Ai, to the place where he first made an altar.
1. An altar is a place of worship.
2.An altar is a place to hear God.
3. An altar is a place that is set aside for relationship with God.
Have you set aside time and space for relationship with God?
Matthew 5:23 Therefore , if you bring a gift to the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24. leave your gift there before the altar and go on your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
1. Don’t let distractions keep you from developing your relationship with God.
2. Deal with the distractions.
3. Don’t forget to come back to worship God.
In Genesis 3 you learned that strategy of the enemy is to take your eyes off the creator and onto the creation.
17 Arise, and walk through the land across its length and its width, for I will give it to you.
Abraham transitioned from wandering without a purpose to walking with a promise.
Message Summary Abraham returned to an Altar and what it looks like when we return to a place of worship. When Abraham returned to a place of worship, he dealt with a distraction from Lot. Through the story of Lot, we see how easy it is to focus on our surroundings instead of waiting for direction from God. We then see Abraham receive clarity and a promise from God that’s helps him continue to move forward in obedience.