Intercessory Prayer Making requests of God on behalf of another.
1.God doesn’t want to bring judgement upon people.
30. “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my firey angry, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
2. The righteous minority can have enormous influence for the good of the wicked majority.
20. But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit. 21. Keep yourselves on God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. 22 Be merciful to those who doubt. 23. save others by snatching them from the fire,to others show mercy, mixed with fear- hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. Jude20-23
3.Abraham’s prayer of highly reverent, never presumptuous, yet persistent and definite. Luke11:1-13
1. God doesn’t want to bring judgement an responds to intercession.
2. The righteous minority can have enormous influence.
3. My prayers should be highly reverent, persistent and definite.