Build to Last
“In a world of ruin
Broken brick and
His eyes are looking
From a future far unknown
Cutting through fog and gleaning
His gaze goes undettered
I know not where I am or
Where he might be
Yet all seems familiar
Like a lost and forgotten world
To my surprise he begins
Through time and space I hear it
Like rushing waters
Like birds taking flight
Three word of perseverance
In a tone that cuts through
To matter itself
” Build to last the voice cried through a smile with varaciousness “build to last a second time.
My eyes of youth have seen his life
Through I know not how or when
Like moons in orbit around a burning sun
In time we will meet again
As doors begin to close
I turn to go my way
There is the distance staring In wonderment my world from a younger day
I knew his face , he studies mine
Such youth, such promise, fresh clay
Unable to speak, he waits for direction
Our voice inside knows what to say
Built to last
47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice , I will show you what they are like.
48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on the rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
If we are going to build to last we first need a solid foundation.
22 The stone builders rejected has become the cornerstone;
16. So this is the sovereign Lord says: “See I lay stone in Zion,a tested stone a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic.
If we are going to build to last we then need the right materials.
1 Cor 3:9-13
9.For we are co-workers in God’s service ; you are God’s field, God’building.
10. By the grace God has given me, I laid foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it.But each one should build with care.
11.For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12.If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw.
13. their work will show for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.
10.So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God I will uphold my righteous right hand.
7. But the Lord said to Samuel,”Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things the people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lordlooks at the heart.”
8.Then Jesse called Abinadab and had him pass in front of Samuel .But Samuel said, “The Lord has not chosen him either .”
9. Jesse the said Shammah pass by, but Samuel said, “Nor has the Lord chosen this one.”
10. Jesse had seven of his sons pass before Samuel, but Samuel said to him, “The Lord has not chosen these.”
11. So he asked Jesse, “Are these all the sons you have?” There is still the youngest . ” Jesse answered . He is tending the sheep.Samuel said, “Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives. ”
12. So he sent for him and had him brought in. He was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the Lord said ,” Rise and anoint him; this is the one.
13. So Samuel took the the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David Samuel then went to Ramah.
Joshua 24:15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euprhrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living , But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
If we are going to Build to last we need the Right team.
1.My people, hear my teaching; listen to my words of my mouth.
2. I will open my mouth with a parable.; I will utter hidden things, things from of old-
3.things we have heard and known things our ancestors have told us.
4. We will not hide them from their Descendants; we will tell them the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power and the wonders he has done.