I have been thinking about this topic for a while now. Manna is important for our walk with God. His word is our Manna and it should be fresh to us everyday when we pick up our bibles.Sometimes, as we start going through our problems we may try to live off of stale manna. Stale manna won’t help us because he has a new word for us everyday. Manna is very important for our growth. We we don’t get it on a daily basis we will begin to starve . When we get to that place of starvation we will look for other things to fill that emptiness. The only cure for that emptiness is getting fresh manna.
We Persue a Relationship with God
How do you build a relationship with someone?
2.Time and leads to experience.
3. Time leads to experience, leading to a heart connection.
The relational progress Of Nicodemus John3:1-3, 7:50, 19:39
The First Five Followers John1:35-40 1:43-45
The struggle of the Rich, young Man. Matt 19:20-22
This week Pastor Eric continued our Core Values series with Hillside’s value”We pursue a Relationship with God.” We believe in God desires a relationship with every individual. This relationship grows through prayer, meditation, worship,, Bible study, and listening to/ obeying the Holy Spirit. In James4:8 we are promised if we that we “Come near to God , he will come near to us.”
We started a new series on our Core values as a church.
Core Values #1 We believe in the bible. Psalm19 Psalm119:105
1. The bible is God’s unique message not just another man made boo. About forty different authors wrote the bible. It was written in a fifteen hundred period. And it was also written on three different continents.
2. The bibles message is so transforming that people died for its truth.
3. The bible was written by eyewitnesses from eyewitness accounts.
4. The bible was accurately perserved through a massive collection of copies.
5.The bibles reliability is substantially supported by external sources.
6. The bible changes lives when people take it to heart.
There are concepts in theology called General Revelation and Special Revelation.
Is your life open for Jesus to lead. Are you following Jesus with your whole heart. We must experience him because he has something for each of us. His heart is different from our hearts.
There are three reasons why we should be intent on following Jesus as closely as we can.
1. Jesus has the heart for people that we need to get. Luke18:35-42
We should have a heart of compassion as he does. Luke19:1-10
2. Jesus wants you to see him at work doing awesome miracles. When we see him at work it will change us from the inside out. Eph3:20 Matt 17:24-27 . He has things in store for us that will help us build our faith.
3. Jesus has a plan for our life. We be in relationship with him. We will begin to recognize what is of God and what is not of God.
Dan3:1-12,13-14 Eph3:20Matt19:26Jer32:27Isa63:9 2Tim4:16-17
Our God is Able
He is able deliver us and weshould never have to defend ourselves. Because when we begin to defend ourselves we can negate the work that he is trying to do in our lives. As long we allow him to fight our battles we will rescue us. Even if he doesn’t come to our rescue we shouldn’t worry because he is an on time God he will never leave us hanging. He is able to do mighty things if we don’t doubt him. His nature makes everything possible in our lives.
2Sam7:11 And have done ever since I appointed leaders over my people Isreal, I will also give you enemies.”The Lord declares to you that the Lord himself will establish a house for you:
12″As for this temple you are building if you follow my decrees , observe my laws and keep all of my command and obey them, I will fulfill through you the promise I gave to David your father.
13. And I will live among the Isrealites and will not abandon my people Isreal.”
1. Receive a word from God.
Receiving a word from God is Launching pad for a life of wonder, A life of joy , and a life of peace. He will will establish you. We must take cues from God if we want to have open relationship with our father.
Matt4:4 Jesus answered,” It is written:’Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'”
1.As the deer pants for streams of water, oh my soul pants for my God.
2. My soul thirsts for God,for the living God . When can I go meet with God?.
2. Accept lack of full understanding.
If we want to live a life full of wonder we must learn how to accept the lack of understanding when we receive the Word from him. Because when we try to figure it out we and lose our since of wonder.
Isa55:9 As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
22.And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there.
23. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me.
24. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
3.Decide to be faithful and righteous.
7. Do not be deceived;God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he does.
8. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the spirit, from the spirit will reap eternal life.
3. Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
4. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.
5. Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules.
6. The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive to share of the crops.
7. Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.
19.If you are willing and obedient, you will eat good things of the land;
20. but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword.” For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
Step into Influence
” The example, and even the presence of a consistent character, may have a powerful, though in observed effect upon others. You are not only a representativefor Yorkshire, you have the far greater honor of being a representative for the Lord,in a place where many know him not… It is true that you live in the midst of difficulties and snares, and you need a double guard of watchfulness and prayer, But since you know both of your need of help, and where to look for it, I may say to you as Daruis to Daniel’ Your God whom you serve continually is able to preserve and deliver you’…Indeed the great point for our comfort in life is to have a well-grounded persuasion the we are, where, all things considered , we ought to be.”
Are you where you ought to be?
Step into your influence.
Three spiritual convictions that have consistently turned world upside down: 1.We believe in providence (Unceasing Activity of the Creator )
Providence is the unceasing activity of the Creator whereby, in overflowing bounty and goodwill, he upholds his creatures in ordered existence, guides and governs all events, circumstances, and free acts of angels and men, and directs everything to its appointed goal, for his own glory. (New Bible Dictionary)
This view of Gods relation to the world must be distinguished from:
1. Pathneism -Which absorbs the world to God.
2. Deism- which cuts it off from him.
3. Dualism- Which divides control between God and another power.
4.Indeterminison- Which holds that it is under no control at all.
5. Determinism – Which assumes a control that destroys mans moral responsibility .
6. Chance- Which denies the controlling power to be rational.
7. Fate- Which denies it to be benevolent.
If you are not sure your ought to be, then resolve it quickly.
Ask God for understanding
Expect God to increase your influence
Find satisfaction in your work.
2. We believe the bible should be applied in normal life.
2Cor 9:6 Whosover sows sparingly will also reap spearingly, and whosoever sows genersously will also reap generously.
Romans 1:24-25, Galatians 6:7-10
“It is the duty of every man to promote the happiness of his fellow-creatures to the utmost of his power.”(Willberforce)
3. We believe God will hold us accountable for our actions.
1Peter 2:13-17, 1Timothy2:1-2, 2Cor5:7-11