Matt 6:5-14. Psalms139:15, Ephesians 3:20, Romans3:26,
The Big three Christian Duties: (the trinityof pursuing righteousness).
A more effective way to pray:
1. Prayer is most effective when birthed in the secret place.
2. Prayer is most effective when we know who we address.
3. Prayer is most effective when we pray with Confidence.
We are most like God when we give.
We are most alert to God’s voice when we pray.
We are most dependent on God when we fast.
Praying-my soul, heart
Yet, Jesus cautious us.., “be careful ”
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard and that leads to life. And those who find it are few.
Acts of Giving
Jesus is not doubting or questioning if we will be giving . It’s one of his commands.
You can give without loving but you can’t love without giving
1. Be careful …
2. When you give…
3.Then you father…
We are choosing whose reward we want.
Earthly deeds done to men see them out reward is here It’s all we are going to get.
Heavenly deeds done so only God sees them. He will then reward us in his own way.
Acts of righteousness done because we love Jesus and we are obeying his commands.
15.Elisha said. “Get a bow and some arrows,” and he did so .
16. “Take the bow in your hands,” he said to king of Israel. When he had taken it , Elisha put his hands on the kings hands
17. “Open the east window ,” he said, and opened it. “Shoot!” Elisha said, and he shot.” The Lord’s arrow of victory, the arrow of victory over Adam!” Elisha declared. “You will completely destroy the Arameans at Aphek.”
18. Then he said, ” Take the Arrows,” and the king took them. Elisha told him, “Strike the ground.” He struck it times and stopped.
19. The man of God was angry with him ” You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times.
A few weeks ago we had our first corporate prayer meeting and this of scripture was used. I have not been ableto get it off of my mind. Maybe God is trying to teach me something through this portion of scripture. I guess the reason why it has impacted me is because I need to keep shooting those arrows. Sometimes we need to shoot them several times and strike a target . When shoot many times we can destroy the hindrance in our lives. But also this can give us a direction in our prayers. When we have direction in prayer we can be powerful.
The other night as I was sitting in prayer meeting at church God brought back to my memory a sermon that was preached at my old church. Anyways I was in a dry barren place in my walk with God. Lo-debar means barren place. When we become dry in our walk it can handicap us because sometimes we can because so focused on our situation that we end up with tunnel vision. Our tunnel vision can handicap us because we become accustomed to that place. God never met for us to live Lo-debar but to move out of that dry and dead barren place and move on to a lush and productive area. He will deliver you from your Lo-debar as he did with me.
It starts with the Heart
There’s a difference between Passed Down Morality and Truth From Jesus .
Our hearts are kingdoms that the enemyis tryingto invade.
Our externalacts are just the manifestations of what’s going on in our hearts.
Our hearts are kingdoms that the enemy is trying to invade.
1. We have forgiveness in Jesus. You can be forgiven from a heart of adultery.
2. We have Redemption in Jesus. Your guilt can be taken in Jesus’ name.
3. We have Restoration in Jesus. You can lead a life of purity from this day forward.