We Believe In The Next Generation.
We believe in the next generation because Jesus believed in the next generation.
What does it mean to activate the next generation
1. Pray for them.
2.Spend time with them.
3.Invest in them.
This week Pastor Eric covered our fourth core value. “We believe in the next generation.” Jesus shares the importance of children in the Kingdom of God in Matt18:3-6, every generation is necessary to grow a healthy Christian community. Hillside believes that our role is to equip and activate the next generation, here are four areas in which we can accomplish this.
We Pursue Authentic Relationships
The Advantages of Companionship Ecc4:7-12
Life alone is meaningless.
1.God knows your need for relationship and he is able to provide the answer needed to overcome them.
2. God knows the obstacles to authentic relationship and the attitudes needed to overcome them.
The believers form Community. acts2:42-47
3.God’s way of community is what the world is looking for.
This week Pastor Brad spoke on our third Core Value”We Pursue Authentic Relationships.” Hillside believes that relationships expressing care, accountability, and a sense of belonging are critical for is to grow together in faith.
I have been thinking about this topic for a while now. Manna is important for our walk with God. His word is our Manna and it should be fresh to us everyday when we pick up our bibles.Sometimes, as we start going through our problems we may try to live off of stale manna. Stale manna won’t help us because he has a new word for us everyday. Manna is very important for our growth. We we don’t get it on a daily basis we will begin to starve . When we get to that place of starvation we will look for other things to fill that emptiness. The only cure for that emptiness is getting fresh manna.
We Persue a Relationship with God
How do you build a relationship with someone?
2.Time and leads to experience.
3. Time leads to experience, leading to a heart connection.
The relational progress Of Nicodemus John3:1-3, 7:50, 19:39
The First Five Followers John1:35-40 1:43-45
The struggle of the Rich, young Man. Matt 19:20-22
This week Pastor Eric continued our Core Values series with Hillside’s value”We pursue a Relationship with God.” We believe in God desires a relationship with every individual. This relationship grows through prayer, meditation, worship,, Bible study, and listening to/ obeying the Holy Spirit. In James4:8 we are promised if we that we “Come near to God , he will come near to us.”
We started a new series on our Core values as a church.
Core Values #1 We believe in the bible. Psalm19 Psalm119:105
1. The bible is God’s unique message not just another man made boo. About forty different authors wrote the bible. It was written in a fifteen hundred period. And it was also written on three different continents.
2. The bibles message is so transforming that people died for its truth.
3. The bible was written by eyewitnesses from eyewitness accounts.
4. The bible was accurately perserved through a massive collection of copies.
5.The bibles reliability is substantially supported by external sources.
6. The bible changes lives when people take it to heart.
There are concepts in theology called General Revelation and Special Revelation.
We must ask for the good path for our souls because he will set us on the ancient path. The path that he sets upon will always be thecorrect path. The right path is one of repentance and surrender. The ancient path path will always one of devotion.
1. Am I living what God is teaching through his servants. We must live the bible.And not just read it. We must hunger after his word . When we live his word there should be a change in our hearts and minds.
2.Am I spending time with others on the road with me. We should migrate together as a body of believers. We shouldn’t be loners .God made us to have relationships.
3.Am I sharing how I feel with God and others on the path. He wants us to hear his voice crying out to him. We must choose to worship through our struggles that is what he wants us to do. Our worship is our weapon in our battles. When we cease to worship him we have allowed the devil to win.
Is your life open for Jesus to lead. Are you following Jesus with your whole heart. We must experience him because he has something for each of us. His heart is different from our hearts.
There are three reasons why we should be intent on following Jesus as closely as we can.
1. Jesus has the heart for people that we need to get. Luke18:35-42
We should have a heart of compassion as he does. Luke19:1-10
2. Jesus wants you to see him at work doing awesome miracles. When we see him at work it will change us from the inside out. Eph3:20 Matt 17:24-27 . He has things in store for us that will help us build our faith.
3. Jesus has a plan for our life. We be in relationship with him. We will begin to recognize what is of God and what is not of God.